Israeli researchers reverse Alzheimer’s Disease
Breakthrough evidence out of Israel backs up what I’ve been telling my patients for years………..
You can prevent, slow down- and even reverse- Alzheimer’s development using hyperbaric oxygen therapy, or HBOT.
In the first stage of a two-part study, a team of researchers at Tel Aviv University divided mice that were genetically engineered to have Alzheimer’s into two groups.
Half the mice what were given HBOT one hour a day for four weeks, totaling 20 sessions. The control mice received no treatment.
Then the brains of both groups were examined.
The researchers found that in the untreated mice:
- Blood vessel diameter’s increased, limiting blood flow to the brain.
- Existing plaques grew on average of 12% bigger.
- The number of amyloid plaques almost doubled.
However, in the mice treated remained with HBOT:
- Existing blood vessel diameters remained open
- New blood vessels formed
- Cerebral blood flow increased
- No new amyloid plaques developed
- Both memory and task learning increased
But the results seen in human volunteers were even more remarkable….
For the second part of the study, researchers at the Shamir Medical Center
Studied six patients over the age of 65. All had early-stage Alzheimer’s with severe memory loss.
The participants were treated with 60 HBOT sessions, once a day over a three-month period. Each session included breathing 100% oxygen at two times the atmospheric pressure.
High-resolution imaging was taken before and after treatment. The scans revealed that HBOT significantly improved cerebral blood flow in several brain areas, including the hippocampus where memories are processed and retrieved, between 16% and 23%.
Overall cognitive scores also improved, increasing from 102 to 109. And memory scores jumped a dramatic 27% from 86 up to 100.
Poor blood flow t the brain has long been seen as an early warning sign if Alzheimer’s – but there is now strong scientific evidence that its not a root cause.
You see, poor blood flow restricts the delivery of life giving oxygen, as well as vital nutrients, to your brain.
HBOT treatment boost oxygen levels in your brain in two ways:
- It allows your lungs to take in more oxygen than would be possible if you were breathing oxygen at normal air pressure. The higher pressure physically dissolves more oxygen into your red blood cells, boosting oxygen levels.
- HBOT also increases the synthesis of nitric oxide. This simple, natural gas is one of your body’s most important signaling chemicals. Its primary function is to send “blood flow signals” that tell your blood vessels to relax. This allows more oxygen-rich blood to reach your brain. When blood vessels in your brain are inflamed and squeezed, restricting oxygen supply, HBOT opens them up.
This breakthrough study demonstrated that HBOT not only prevents Alzheimer’s disease but may also reverse the devastating progress of the condition.
For more information on HBOT, please give us a call at the Doctors Clinic.
Author Gerald M. Parker, D.O. Dr. Parker has been practicing as a Doctor of Osteopathy for over 30 years in the Amarillo area. He specializes in treating allergies, atherosclerosis, hormones, pain, obesity, and strokes. Dr. Parker has had ample training in the field of stem cell therapy and completed module I and II workshops by the American Academy of Stem Cell Physicians. He is a member of various organizations, including the American Osteopathic Association, American Osteopathic College of Pain Management and Sclerotherapy, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, and American College of Regenerative Medicine. He’s received recognition as a Physician of the Year by the National Republican Congressional Committee’s Physician’s Advisory Board and is on Marquis’ “Who’s Who in the World” and “Who’s Who in Medicine” list. Dr. Parker has shared his expertise on TV shows, such as “The Today Show,” and “That’s Incredible.”